Penny McConnel and Liza Bernard, founders and co-owners of The Norwich Bookstore, have viewed their business as an unfolding story over the past 25 years. As they put the store on the market, what better way to plan the next chapter than to envision a happy ending set in the near future?
…It’s August 1st, 2024, and the Norwich Bookstore is celebrating 30 years with happy readers of all ages. The new owners have embraced all the positive aspects of the past and are adding their personal touches to the space and the services offered. Penny and Liza are pleased and excited to have found an energetic and creative new team…
Located in the central Vermont village of Norwich, the bookstore opened in 1994 with the goal of serving the reading and writing community of the Upper Valley, a “micropolitan” region that straddles Vermont and New Hampshire, and includes Dartmouth College. We have achieved that goal and then some, earning industry and regional accolades along the way! The bookstore is busier than ever with a full calendar of author events and a dedicated – and growing – customer base.
Are you interested in becoming part of this exciting narrative? Do you know anyone looking for a beloved community bookstore to shepherd into the future? Please contact Liza Bernard at email@example.com.
Print: A Bookstore • Portland, ME • seeking Owner Events Coordinator & Bookseller
Print: A Bookstore is looking for an enthusiastic, community-focused, and experienced Events Coordinator and Bookseller. This person will work closely with the Print team to develop, schedule, promote, and implement author events and programs. The ideal candidate will be well organized, be able to multi-task, have excellent communication skills, and be computer literate.
Responsibilities include designing and executing events, creating marketing and publicity materials in print and on our website, managing our social media channels, sending out our bi-monthly newsletter, as well as spending time on the sales floor as a frontline bookseller.
Hours will vary with the event schedule and include weekends and evenings. Bookselling experience strongly preferred. Book and/or industry knowledge beneficial.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to co-owner Emily Russo: Emily@PrintBookstore.com.
The MIT Press Bookstore • Cambridge, MA • seeking Bookstore Manager
The MIT Press seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial bookseller to lead the MIT Press Bookstore and its growing staff.
The bookstore functions as a full service bookstore to the MIT community and Cambridge residents, businesses, commuters, and tourists, offering a broad selection of trade / scholarly / art / children’s titles and serving as a showroom for the publications of the MIT Press, the leading university press of books and journals at the intersection of science, technology, art, and design.
The Store Manager leads a small dynamic team of booksellers, providing exemplary customer service, sales and merchandising, and overseeing all buying, accounting, and operations of a fast-paced retail environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff Supervision and Store Leadership– Hiring, scheduling, supervision, and training of staff.
- Customer Service & Sales– Maintenance of the sales floor; providing direct sales assistance to customers.
- Marketing & Merchandising– Guiding the store’s marketing, social media efforts & instore merchandising.
- Events Strategy & Support – Supervise events staff in coordinating a targeted events schedule.
- Book Purchasing– Inventory curation and control; ordering, returning, shipping, and receiving of inventory.
- Accounting– Cash / invoice / receivable / expenditure / vendor account reconciliation; tracking & budgeting.
- Operations– Maintenance of POS system, IT software updates, and operational functioning of the store.
- Facility Maintenance – Acting facility manager, liaising with MIT Press to supervise any issues / enhancements.
- Three to five years of bookstore or related retail management experience;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and ease with telephone, email, and in-person communication;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities despite frequent interruptions, and work independently.
- Must be able to handle confidential financial information, interpret store policies using discretion and judgment,
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Frequent weekend and evening work required.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, InDesign, MailChimp, and Eventbrite preferred.
Interested candidates should email David Goldberg ASAP to get more information on applying for this position.
Peter E. Randall Publisher • Portsmouth, NH • seeking Publishing/Marketing Assistant
Seeking a cheerful, responsible publishing/marketing assistant for an independent publishing house. Minimum of two days per week in a Portsmouth, NH, office. Strong written and verbal skills are a must. We have the best authors and we are seeking a team player who will enjoy them as much as we do! We are a Mac-based office and use Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro regularly. Knowledge of Photoshop, and ability to update Word Press website is a plus. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and negotiable. This is a long-term position that can grow. Also seeking bookkeeper familiar with Quickbooks for the Mac. These positions could be combined. Please send email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Northshire Bookstore • Manchester Center, VT • seeking Booksellers (both adult and kids)
The ideal applicants will have a love for books and an ability to share their enthusiasm with our customers. Qualifications include joy, book knowledge, experience in retail, familiarity with computers, flexibility and reliability. Come join the Northshire family! Please submit an application online at www.northshire.com.
To place a listing, please e-mail Ali@NEBA.org.
NEIBA members are free to post classifieds for help wanted, positions sought, and re-selling goods and services to other stores (e.g., used fixtures, inventory, surplus supplies and other items).
Non-members may place an appropriate classified for $25, payable by check or credit card in advance. E-mail Ali Schmelzle (Ali@NEBA.org) to begin this process.
The NEIBA Exchange is not intended for marketing titles from publishers or for other vendors such as wholesalers or fixture companies to market their goods and services to bookstores.
Each member is solely responsible for the accuracy of its postings. The NEIBA Exchange and the New England Independent Booksellers Association are not responsible for any errors.