In these uncertain times, we’ve created a resource for booksellers,
publishers, and loyal readers. Click below for…
What to Do Now
- Connect with vendors: ask about holding shipments, extended dating, etc.
- Return any books for cancelled events ASAP.
- Talk to your landlord and ask for rent relief.
- Connect with Binc if a financial need arrises and share Binc’s information with your staff.
- Offer in-store alternatives to your customers:
- Offer curbside pick-up.
- Offer home delivery.
- Promote your e-commerce site. (If you don’t have e-commerce, connect with the ABA or create an easy Bookshop.org site).
- Suggest customers purchase gift cards/certificates to use in-store at a later date.
- Be active online: be it via email, your website, social media.
- Stream traditional in-person events, like story hours or book clubs.
- Share this great blog post from Libro.fm with your customers.
Assistance & Resources
Sourcing COVID-19 Supplies
Coronavirus Safety Signs and Social Distancing Floor Tapes
Masks and Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ingram is trying to source hand sanitizer (let them know that there’s demand!)
- Local restaurant supply stores and distilleries, big box stores like BJ’s and Costco, and drug stores like CVS and Walgreens
- Professional Marketing Services, Inc.
- BrandPower Solutions/Promo Queens
- W.B. Mason
- Consider making your own!
Bookseller Relief Funds & SBA Loans
Holding Virtual Events
- How to Plan a Virtual Event (Vimeo)
- How to Host a Watch Party on Facebook (Tech Boomers)
- Simon & Schuster Online Book Readings – Spring 2020 (COVID-19) Guidelines
- Virtual Read-Aloud Temporary Guidelines (Multiple Publishers)
- Publishers Share Expectations for Booksellers Planning Virtual Author Events (ABA)
Virtual Event Grids
- Tracking Coronavirus Updates, Changes, and Resources (ABA)
- #WhileAtHome: a clearinghouse for credible information and action steps
Rep Picks on April 9 (session not recorded)
Rep Picks on April 16 (click here for video)
Rep Picks on April 30 (click here for video)
Edelweiss Education on May 14 (click here for video)
Q&A with Andy Hunter, CEO of Bookshop.org on June 4 (click here for video)
Editors Buzz Panel with Macmillan on June 25 (click here for video)
Resources to Help You Cope