2019 NEIBA Holiday Catalog Program
NEIBA offers a rebate for Holiday Catalog media inserts or direct mailings:
- YOU choose the newspaper that best suits for your store’s market.
- YOU determine, in conjunction with your newspaper, where inserts appear.
- YOU send us a copy of your invoice by February 1, 2020 and WE will pay half (up to $300).
The target date for catalog delivery is November 1, 2019. If you choose to advertise the catalog’s arrival with a newspaper, please consider that this date might change if delivery is delayed. If seeking a rebate for a newspaper insert, be sure to include the name of the newspaper, not just its printing facility.
To qualify for this subsidy, stores must agree to share sales information on catalog titles with NEIBA. Store-by-store figures will be kept confidential — the only figures shared with publishers are aggregates for all reporting stores.
Important Dates & Order Details
Deadline for catalog orders, imprint copy, and artwork.
If your store’s NEIBA membership is not renewed by this date, your catalog order will not be processed.
Payments due (if ordering extra and/or imprinted catalogs)
Target date for catalog delivery
SEND ALL CONTRACTS AND PAYMENTS TO:
Sharon Kozy at BookPage (email@example.com)
2143 Belcourt Avenue, Nashville, TN 37212
Phone: (615) 292-8926 x 39 • Fax: (615) 292-8249
Make checks payable to BookPage. Include NEIBA and your store name in the memo line.
Invoices will not be issued, as the contract serves as statement of amount due.
Remember: We do not ship free copies of the catalog automatically.
You MUST order them (500 units minimum) via the form.
How are titles selected for the holiday catalog?
- Publishers are the primary decision-makers in what titles are available for advertising in the holiday catalog. We have a good relationship with our publishing partners who tend to know our market, know what books they have marketing budgets for, and propose books accordingly.
- If a title seems questionable to the indie market, a conversation may take place with the publisher; we always keep an eye on free speech and free press, and respect to diversity and content in every way.
- Title lists are on the NEIBA website well in advance of catalog publication for review by booksellers. (Links are provided in the organization newsletter.) If a title seems objectionable, booksellers are welcome to contact NEIBA before catalog publication.
- Free speech extends to titles and viewpoints an individual bookseller might not agree with.