MIT-Princeton-Yale-University Press Sales Associates Northeast Sales Representative
Objective: To represent the three University Press Sales Associates (UPSA) presses–The MIT Press, Princeton University Press, Yale University Press–at independent bookstores, museum retailers, and wholesalers in the Northeastern United States (DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME), and to seek and build sales in non-traditional markets.
* Travel to key retailers (independent and museum stores) and wholesalers in the territory to sell in frontlist for the three presses
* Promotion of backlist and stocking in the accounts.
* Keeping stores apprised of title schedules, major publicity, and marketing
* Pitching relevant trade titles to wholesalers supplying airport stores.
* Attending twice-annual sales conferences; preparing seasonal Edelweiss markups and regular call reports; availability for additional calls with sales directors of each press.
* Managing booths at regional bookseller trade shows.
Applications (cover letter incl salary requirements and resume) should be emailed to all three sales directors:
David Goldberg, The MIT Press – firstname.lastname@example.org
Timothy Wilkins, Princeton University Press – Timothy_Wilkins@press.princeton.edu
Jay Cosgrove, Yale University Press – email@example.com
University Press Sales Associates (UPSA) is the sales group shared by MIT Press, Princeton University Press, and Yale University Press. UPSA offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business.
Ingram Content Group is currently recruiting for an Intern to support our Special Markets team in Boston, Massachusetts. The Special Markets department handles non-traditional sales to gift stores, museum shops, national retail chains, consumer catalogs, specialty wholesalers, corporations, premium sales, display marketers, and more. The Ingram Content Group Special Markets Intern serves an important role in the success of Special Markets projects. Your responsibilities will include the creation of pitch letters used to market our new books, spreadsheet creation and maintenance, customer service follow-up, bulk mailings of selected titles and seasonal catalogs, assisting in sales call preparation, and web research for potential sales opportunities. The aim of the internship is to develop communication skills and learn about selling books through non-traditional channels.
***This is a paid internship that can start ASAP covering 2017 fall semester till December or can last all the way till May end of spring 2018 semester ideally.
- Assist the sales staff in preparation of materials for sales presentations to buyers. This will include creating and editing PowerPoint presentations and assembling samples.
- Orchestrate book sample mailings to accounts, to include the drafting of pitch letters.
- Coordinate seasonal catalog mailings to accounts.
- Track orders, build thematic book assortments, and fulfill account requests as determined by business needs.
- Provide assistance and support to Special Markets team, while becoming familiar with the department goals and organization.
- Monitor assigned objectives and work with manager to develop and prioritize projects/assignments.
- Execute special tasks/projects as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
Current college student pursing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s level degree
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Apply to the position HERE
NORTHSHIRE BOOKSTORE is seeking a full time Children’s Department bookseller. The ideal applicant would have a love for kids books and an ability to share their enthusiasm with our customers. Qualifications include, book knowledge, experience in retail, familiarity with computers, flexibility and reliability. Come join the Northshire family! Please submit an application online at www.northshire.com.
To place an ad email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEIBA members are free to post classifieds for help wanted, positions sought and for re-selling goods and services such as used fixtures, inventory, surplus supplies and other items that bookstores may wish to purchase from other stores.
Postings are free to members. Only postings that might potentially benefit members such as “bookstore wanted” or “help wanted” or “positions wanted” will be permitted.
Non-members may place an appropriate classified for $25, payable by check or credit card in advance. Email Nan Sorensen at email@example.com.
The NEIBA Exchange is not intended for marketing titles from publishers or for other vendors such as wholesalers or fixture companies to market their goods and services to bookstores. It is, rather, a clearinghouse for members to reach each other with information about jobs, stores for sale or purchase and re-selling merchandise or goods already purchased as when stores close and offer their inventory and fixtures to other stores.
Each member is solely responsible for the accuracy of its postings. The NEIBA Exchange and the New England Independent Booksellers Association are not responsible for any errors.