Sales Representative Retail (Northeast)
Baker & Taylor is currently seeking a Sales Representative to join our team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the sales activity for products and services handled and distributed by Baker & Taylor in a defined geographical area for the Independent Retail and Higher Education markets. Full-Time. Starts: Immediately
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving sales volume levels from new and existing accounts that meets or exceeds territorial quotas established by sales management.
- Responsible for maintaining on-going account profitability management that contributes to achieving or exceeding profitability goals.
- Partners with respective inside sales representative to execute territory sales strategy and problem solve.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding annual new business development goals.
- Demonstrates and sells Baker & Taylor’s ever evolving services.
- Expected to meet with customers face-to-face weekly to drive sales and build strong customer relationships throughout the territory.
- Attend regional tradeshows, conventions, market seminars, and training sessions presenting Baker & Taylor’s products and services.
- Maintains on-going detail of activity/offerings within territory. Reports details to sales management on a regular basis.
- Completes and submits sales activities reports in SalesForce with weekly updates to manager.
- Interacts with other departments to build relationships internally and meet customer needs.
To submit your application, click here.
Odyssey Bookshop in South Hadley, MA, is looking for a full time bookseller and an administrator for our store’s First Editions Club. The successful candidate must be an avid reader of contemporary literary fiction, have a disciplined mind with a knack for organization, and a reasonable knowledge of Excel. Additionally we need somebody with excellent orthographic skills who is able to write and communicate well via email, who can find the Zen in repetitive tasks, and who enjoys playing well with others. Because public transportation to South Hadley can be challenging, we require potential candidates to have their own transportation. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, serving customers, creating displays, assisting with the production of marketing materials for the store.
This position requires standing for up to four hours at a time and the ability to lift and carry boxes of books up to 40 pounds.
Odyssey Bookshop is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply.
FLOOR SUPERVISOR, MIT Press Bookstore, to perform complex customer service, sales, merchandising, and clerical duties in a fast-paced retail environment. Will be responsible for assisting with training and day-to-day supervision of sales floor staff; developing in-store displays; maintenance of the sales floor; providing marketing assistance; responding to client inquiries on the sales floor via telephone and email; providing direct sales assistance to customers regarding the books published by the MIT Press and the Press’s publishing disciplines; processing sales via cash register; ordering, shipping, and receiving inventory; stocking and merchandising shelves; providing general clerical support; representing the bookstore at events; and other duties as needed. Generous salary and benefits package.
The MIT Press Bookstore functions as a showroom for the MIT Press and provides a range of retail services to both the MIT community and the public-at-large, with a specific emphasis on scholarly and academic publishing.
See full posting for job requirements and information on applying HERE
To place an ad email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEIBA members are free to post classifieds for help wanted, positions sought and for re-selling goods and services such as used fixtures, inventory, surplus supplies and other items that bookstores may wish to purchase from other stores.
Postings are free to members. Only postings that might potentially benefit members such as “bookstore wanted” or “help wanted” or “positions wanted” will be permitted.
Non-members may place an appropriate classified for $25, payable by check or credit card in advance. Email Nan Sorensen at email@example.com.
The NEIBA Exchange is not intended for marketing titles from publishers or for other vendors such as wholesalers or fixture companies to market their goods and services to bookstores. It is, rather, a clearinghouse for members to reach each other with information about jobs, stores for sale or purchase and re-selling merchandise or goods already purchased as when stores close and offer their inventory and fixtures to other stores.
Each member is solely responsible for the accuracy of its postings. The NEIBA Exchange and the New England Independent Booksellers Association are not responsible for any errors.