In these uncertain times, we’ve created a resource for booksellers,
publishers, and loyal readers. Click below for…
What to Do Now
- Connect with vendors: ask about holding shipments, extended dating, etc.
- Return any books for cancelled events ASAP.
- Talk to your landlord and ask for rent relief.
- Connect with Binc if a financial need arrises and share Binc’s information with your staff.
- Offer in-store alternatives to your customers:
- Offer curbside pick-up.
- Offer home delivery.
- Promote your e-commerce site. (If you don’t have e-commerce, connect with the ABA or create an easy Bookshop.org site).
- Suggest customers purchase gift cards/certificates to use in-store at a later date.
- Be active online: be it via email, your website, social media.
- Stream traditional in-person events, like story hours or book clubs.
- Share this great blog post from Libro.fm with your customers.
Assistance & Resources
- COVID-19 Assistance to Booksellers and Comic Retailers (Binc)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disaster Assistance (SBA)
- Connecticut: COVID-19 Unemployment Benefits & Eligibility
- Maine: TBD
- Massachusetts: Employee Unemployment FAQ: COVID-19
- New Hampshire: Regarding State Unemployment Benefits during COVID-19
- New York: TBD
- Rhode Island: COVID-19 Workplace Fact Sheet
- Vermont: COVID-19 FAQs from the Vermont Department of Labor
- How to Plan a Virtual Event (Vimeo)
- How to Host a Watch Party on Facebook (Tech Boomers)
- Simon & Schuster Online Book Readings – Spring 2020 (COVID-19) Guidelines
- Virtual Read-Aloud Temporary Guidelines (Multiple Publishers)
- Create an E-Commerce Site (ABA)
- Create a Bookshop.org Site (Bookshop)