In these uncertain times, we’ve created a resource for booksellers,
publishers, and loyal readers. Click below for…
What to Do Now
- Connect with vendors: ask about holding shipments, extended dating, etc.
- Return any books for cancelled events ASAP.
- Talk to your landlord and ask for rent relief.
- Connect with Binc if a financial need arrises and share Binc’s information with your staff.
- Offer in-store alternatives to your customers:
- Offer curbside pick-up.
- Offer home delivery.
- Promote your e-commerce site. (If you don’t have e-commerce, connect with the ABA or create an easy Bookshop.org site).
- Suggest customers purchase gift cards/certificates to use in-store at a later date.
- Be active online: be it via email, your website, social media.
- Stream traditional in-person events, like story hours or book clubs.
- Share this great blog post from Libro.fm with your customers.
Assistance & Resources
Sourcing COVID-19 Supplies
Coronavirus Safety Signs and Social Distancing Floor Tapes
Masks and Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ingram is trying to source hand sanitizer (let them know that there’s demand!)
- Local restaurant supply stores and distilleries, big box stores like BJ’s and Costco, and drug stores like CVS and Walgreens
- Professional Marketing Services, Inc.
- BrandPower Solutions/Promo Queens
- W.B. Mason
- Consider making your own!
Bookseller Relief Funds & SBA Loans
Holding Virtual Events
- How to Plan a Virtual Event (Vimeo)
- How to Host a Watch Party on Facebook (Tech Boomers)
- Simon & Schuster Online Book Readings – Spring 2020 (COVID-19) Guidelines
- Virtual Read-Aloud Temporary Guidelines (Multiple Publishers)
- Publishers Share Expectations for Booksellers Planning Virtual Author Events (ABA)
Virtual Event Grids
- Tracking Coronavirus Updates, Changes, and Resources (ABA)
- #WhileAtHome: a clearinghouse for credible information and action steps
Rep Picks on April 9 (session not recorded)
Rep Picks on April 16 (click here for video)
Rep Picks on April 30 (click here for video)
Edelweiss Education on May 14 (click here for video)
Resources to Help You Cope